Heman is a C library of image utilities for dealing with height maps and other floating-point images.
Heman can be used for:
- Creating random height fields using simplex noise and FBM.
- Generating a normal map from a height map using forwarding differencing.
- Efficiently computing ambient occlusion from a height map.
- Generating a signed distance field (SDF) using a fast algorithm.
- Exporting a 3D mesh in PLY format.
- Applying a color gradient to a heightmap (LUT).
- Generating a color gradient, given a list of control points.
- Computing diffuse lighting with an infinite light source.
Why the name “heman”?¶
It’s a subset of letters taken from height map and normal map.